Monday, February 22, 2016

Amuse the Muse - Jewellery Packaging and Bead Storage with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello all! It's the last Muse of February - how did that happen?! And so I have a few more storage and packaging ideas to share with you today. Enjoy!


First of all, a really awesome tutorial from Leah over at Beady Eyed Bunny, on one way to transform your packaging. How gorgeous is this? Leah talks you through its creation. 



Remember the printer's cabinet from last week? Here's one in action in Lorelei Eurto's studio! Beautiful or what? 

And here is not only a beautiful, stream-lined craft space, but if you click on the link, there's a whole blog post on organising your craft space!

I've tired to steer clear of the ubiquitous kraft box in this month's run down, because lovely as they are, I think most people know where to find them and how to make them pretty! But searching on Pinterest, I came across these - what a lovely idea! (I even discovered/remembered that I actually have Jewellery Packaging board over there! Who knew?!)


This sweet packaging idea from Heather Humblebeads may be a little unseasonal for February, but I think this simple way to dress up your jewellery could work all year round - just switch up your colours and imagery each season!


Lastly, here's a handy graphic with some tips to take you through getting your packaging just right. Pin it to your work station!


And now for the BeadBlogger links. Have a great week everyone!









Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

2 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is a great infographic you found! I do try to make my packaging fit all of those points unconsciously. And always looking for new things. But each and every thing I package is a little different...intentionally....like real ribbon in a color that matches what is inside...quotes and little bits of wisdom as a special surprise...a hand written note tucked inside... and always a copper skeleton key someplace. Thanks for sharing these great packaging and display tips! Enjoy the day! Erin

Sarajo Wentling said...

Great ideas! I'm so jealous of Lorelei's printer's cabinet. I still dream of finding one in decent shape that I can afford some day! But I do love my smaller scale art bead storage solution that I found in an antique store. It's an old embroidery floss counter display and I love it... I just need more room. If you're interested you can read the blog post I wrote about finding and modifying it to meet my beady needs here: http://sjdesignsjewelry.blogspot.com/2014/01/art-bead-storage-antique-makeover.html