There is still time to enter the Bead Star competition for 2009! You can read the rules here.
Tips for winning entries:
1. Follow the rules carefully! Stringing and wire work designs are the focus of this annual publication, so the entries must follow the guidelines.
2. Pick your strongest designs for each category. Not sure which ones are your best, ask a few of your friends or do a poll on your blog. Enter in more than one category.
3. Take the best photos you can, your entries are judged by the readers based on those photos.
4. Make sure your design is original.
5. Use unusual focal beads/materials.
6. Go for an over-the-top design that is beyond what you normally create. (Unless all your work is over-the-top!)
7. Have fun while creating and don't stress about coming up with a "winning" design!
EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAWING!
Just announced, enter the BEAD STAR contest before April 24th and you may win a randomly drawn prize worth $$!
Hi Heather! Thanks for the reminder! The piece that I just finished with your focal bead may be my most over the top entry and will certainly get sent. Great to hear about the early bird...will do tout suite! Enjoy the day!
Thanks for the reminder, I think I will sum up the courage and enter my first contest!!!
Yes, enter!!! You never know what could happen and it's a fun excuse to sit and make some new jewelry. :)
Post a Comment