There is still time to enter the Bead Star competition for 2009! You can read the rules here.
Tips for winning entries:
1. Follow the rules carefully! Stringing and wire work designs are the focus of this annual publication, so the entries must follow the guidelines.
2. Pick your strongest designs for each category. Not sure which ones are your best, ask a few of your friends or do a poll on your blog. Enter in more than one category.
3. Take the best photos you can, your entries are judged by the readers based on those photos.
4. Make sure your design is original.
5. Use unusual focal beads/materials.
6. Go for an over-the-top design that is beyond what you normally create. (Unless all your work is over-the-top!)
7. Have fun while creating and don't stress about coming up with a "winning" design!