Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nuts for Acorns!

"Mighty Oaks from little acorns grow."

I think what I love most about acorns is that they symbolize the quiet potential in all of us to do great and mighty things.

Pictured above from left to right: Earthenwood Studio, Humblebeads, Credit River Art Glass and Diane Hawkey.

Above is my current favorite that sits in my bead stash.  It's a lampwork and copper acorn from Credit River Art Glass, one of my favorite purchases from Bead & Button!  You should have seen Erin and I fondling each and every bead in Julie's booth.

And in my own studio acorns and oak leaves have been beckoning the Autumn season!

Are you gearing up for fall shows and making autumn inspired creations? 

I'd love to see them, leave a link to your latest or favorite fall themed piece of jewelry.

9 comments:

m.e. said...

I am totally Fall focused right now !
Am in love with your acorns and soooooo covet the Credit River's bead !!! I've been busy applying leaf to leaves !!!
LOL, m.e. :)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/54423538/oak-leaf-fantasy-pendant

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

It is that time of year isn't it?!?
Love your selection of acorns! So inspiring!
Michelle-

Jeannie said...

I have one of from Credit River and it's my favorite art bead. It's also local and I like to support local bead makers and artists.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great acorn finds! I feel a little behind in my work so I don't know that I'll get to do any fall item this year. Definately a few Halloween designs though!

Shaped Pens said...

Fall is a wonderful time of year for creative crafts!

Pedralba said...

very cute pieces

Julie said...

Thanks for including me in your blog, Heather! It was such a kick watching you & Erin trying to decide on your acorn(s) @ B&B! So glad you found something you like! Wonderful meeting both of you as well!

I happen to be working on getting some acorns and etched copper oak leaves (as well as beads, pendants, kaleidoscopes & such!) listed in my Etsy shop over the next week (I'm BEADWORK magazine's October/November "Bead Artist"!)... if anybody wants to join me on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/JulieNordine.CreditRiverArtGlass) you can see what pieces I'm working on and I will be happy to set up a private photo album to show you what I have available if you message me on FB & ask!

Thanks again, Heather!!

Take care...

~ Julie Nordine
http://www.creditriverartglass.com
http://creditriverartglass.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/JulieNordine.CreditRiverArtGlass

Pretty Things said...

LOVING the acorns!

Unknown said...

I love your acorn and oak leaves, Heather!

This is a great time of year for me to show off my leaves! I am looking forward to start listing lots of fall leaf jewelry and components!