Friday, January 27, 2017

Perfect Pairings :: Jewels of Sayuri + Lampwork by Jyothi


This easy-breezy lariat-style necklace is perfectly in tune with the hot summer climate where designer Divya lives. I found her process very interesting as she is teaching a class in color theory and used this to explain the analogous palette for this month's inspiration. The variation of the hues that Divya chose and the pointy-petal shape of the star-flower beads capture the dense field of wildflowers perfectly. She used some lampwork beads by Jyothi, and although I couldn't find a website for this artist, I thought they were so very intriguing and maybe we can encourage one to be created if she doesn't have a website yet! ;-)

Featured Designer :: Jewels of Sayuri
+
Featured Bead Artist :: Lampwork by Jyothi

We are now using Pinterest! 
You can find more details in this post about the exciting new changes,
including a board devoted to art beads inspired by the monthly challenge!
(Ooh! Look! More pretty beads to lust after!)

Pretty please make sure that you post a link in your Pinterest description
so that I have someplace to attribute the picture! 
And don't forget to tell us about those art beads - providing links to bead makers is appreciated!

Deadline January 29th to get your pictures posted to the Pinterest boards for the creation of the Monthly Challenge Recap post for January 31st
TIP: If you upload your photo rather than pin it from your blog or shop, edit the pin (the little pencil button) and add your link as the source. Save your edits. This will allow us to click directly on your photo and go to your blog or shop to read more about your entry. If you don't, I might not be able to access the photo to share it.


1 comment:

Divya N said...

Thanks for featuring my post, I am so happy :)I lost Jyothi a few years back so I hoard her beads. I hope that she continues to make and sell the beads still