Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spice things up with a challenge!


Although it's the start of the holiday busy season, you may start feeling like you've exhausted all beady endeavors and need a bit of a challenge. Something fun to boost your creativity. Why not host a blog challenge?

My new friend Kelly of Silver Parrot just hosted a Bug inspired bracelet challenge and I got to participate and it was JUST the thing I needed to spark some inspiration!

She showed 5 colorful pictures of different bug species, and the challenge was to pick one and create a bracelet in the same color palette. She had readers blog their photos and leave links to their posts in her blog post. Then Kelly went back to her blog and showed off each of the submissions. She is picking a random winner, and that winner will receive some bead goodness and a couple of cool beading books!
It's an easy way to also increase your blog reader participation. I guarantee you'll have a blast doing it.


Join us tomorrow for a holiday shopping event with the Art Bead Scene editors!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cute bracelet - it reminds me of those movies Antz and Its a Bug's Life which I guess is a good thing given the challenge.
looks like a lot of fun, I have a lot of Christmas crafting to do but when I need a break this challenge might be just what I need (even if its too late to officially participate)
thanks for sharing!

Jeannie said...

This is very cleaver. I have a contest on my blog every month and it is a blast.

mairedodd said...

agreed - and that was a neat one to watch! everyone did such a great job!

Pretty Things said...

VERY cool!

TesoriTrovati said...

It was fun to watch the bugs roll in for that one. I will be hosting a three week challenge and contest on my blog starting November 30th. I will give you a hint.... you have to use art beads in your entries!
Check back soon!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

The bracelet challenge really was fun - and it's addictive. I'm still working in more "buggy bracelets", and I can't wait to hear what challenge you came up with, Erin!

MsAnomaly said...

The Etsy Beagle Street Team has a team challenge going on right now! I made a Snow Queen Beagle ornament with an art bead from NanjoDogz.
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6355108&page=3

We will be featuring all the challenge items in a blog giveaway contest Dec.2-Dec.5. Rules for entering (it's easy) will be posted on the blog on Dec. 2nd. We'd love to have your vote for your favorite challenge entry!
http://etsybeagles.blogspot.com/