To go along with our painting this month, I thought I would post a project. I came up with these quick, easy, and fun earrings. I think I am going to need to make a few of these in different colors for summer.
12 inches of 20 gauge sterling silver wire
2 orange 3/4 inch discs
2 silver ear hooks
needle nose pliers
flat nose pliers
1. Start by bending your wire in a ninety degree angle about three inches from the end.
2. String one of the disc beads onto the wire. Push the bead onto the bend. (You might have to move the wire some to get the bead to hang just right.)
3. Bring both wires up so the bead is hanging in the bend. Twist one wire around the other wire to secure it. Trim the excess wire from the piece you just wrapped around.
4. With the remaining wire that is standing up, make a simple wire loop. Trim the excess wire.
5. Open the ear wire and slide it onto the loop you just made and close it. You have now completed one earring.
6. Follow steps one through five to make your second earring.