To go along with our painting this month, I thought I would post a project. I came up with these quick, easy, and fun earrings. I think I am going to need to make a few of these in different colors for summer.
12 inches of 20 gauge sterling silver wire
2 orange 3/4 inch discs
2 silver ear hooks
needle nose pliers
flat nose pliers
1. Start by bending your wire in a ninety degree angle about three inches from the end.
2. String one of the disc beads onto the wire. Push the bead onto the bend. (You might have to move the wire some to get the bead to hang just right.)
3. Bring both wires up so the bead is hanging in the bend. Twist one wire around the other wire to secure it. Trim the excess wire from the piece you just wrapped around.
4. With the remaining wire that is standing up, make a simple wire loop. Trim the excess wire.
5. Open the ear wire and slide it onto the loop you just made and close it. You have now completed one earring.
6. Follow steps one through five to make your second earring.
Good idea! I have a bunch of your little disks and always struggle with what to do with them. Now I know! Enjoy the day! Erin
hello, good craft...republish it...thanks
Thanks, Jennifer, what a great idea for earrings. I'm going to bookmark this one!
I was happy with how they turned out. I really am going to make several pair. I wear the same earrings everyday because I never get around to making anything for myself. I am keeping these...
Well, color me green with envy! Those are darling and so simple. Guess my creativity is full of moss from all this rain but I wouldn't have thought of something so cute right now!! Great work.
I also have your disk's and I made some similiar earrings with spacers on either side of them. It really accents them.
Post a Comment