I like holiday inspired projects that can be worn long after the season. This necklace hints of the red and green of Christmas, but it's subtle enough to be seen as natural elements and worn all year round.
Cardinal - Humblebeads
Ceramic bead cap - Elaine Ray
Crystal rhinestone bead
Czech leaf bead
Botswana agate 8mm faceted coin
red 6mm crystal bicone
brass leaf charm
1 brass 8mm jumpring
2 brass 15mm jumprings
1 brass 5mm jumpring
3 brass headpins
2 brass eyepin
Resources: Key, rhinestone bead and Elaine Ray beads: Ornamentea. Brass: Vintaj from Bello Modo. Chain: Hobby Lobby.
1. Create dangles from the glass leaf, rhinestone ball and agate bead: string onto a headpin, trim wire and create a loop.
2. On an eyepin string the red crystal. Add the leaf to the bottom of the dangle.
3. Attach the key to the large jumpring using the small jump ring. Attach all of the dangles to the large jumpring.
4. String the bead cap and bird onto the headpin, trim wire and create a loop. Attach the large jumprings to the bird.
5. Attach one end of the chain to the large jumpring. Attach the jumpring from the clasp to the top jumpring. Attach the swirl clasp to the chain using a 5mm jumpring. (Use the length of chain that you'd like, this one is 28" for a longer design.)
Excuse our double post today, we are just too excited about the holidays!