This simple and fast earring makes a great last minute gift.
Who's been nice on your list?
2 nickel seed beads 11/0
8" Sterling silver 20 ga wire half-hard
Round nose pliers, flat nose pliers, bench block, ball peen hammer, de-burr tool
1. Cut two 4" lengths of wire.
2. Create a loop at one end of the wire with round nose pliers. Grasp the loop with flat nose pliers and turn to create a spiral
3. String on disk bead and seed bead.
4. At 1 1/2" bend the wire with your flat nose pliers to create the hook.
5. Strengthen the earwire by hammering it on the bench block. Hammer more on the spiral and length of wire above the bead, leaving the back of the earwire slightly rounded.
6. Use the de-burr tool to smooth the edge of the wire.
*Hint: Do step 4 with both wires for a more uniform pair.
Those are great earrings. Thanks for sharing, Heather!
I have been hammering and spiraling my silver underneath beads for pendants on necklaces. LOVE it for the earrings and such a fast design to make!
I love your earring designs.
Love your earring designs, these are so festive
Sweet! I have just attempted to start making ear wires. I want to do more! This is inspired.
Enjoy the day!
Thank you Heather. These are very pretty. Years ago I started making my own ear wires and it became addictive. One of my favorite tools is my wire rounder.
Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [17 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria
Thanks for sharing this. Great design, can't wait to finish them.
Thanks for sharing! Love this design :)
I love these Heather, and will probably be using this idea for some new earrings! :-)
These are super-cute! What a great, quick way to feature some pretty beads!
Post a Comment