Thursday, January 17, 2013

Art Bead Palette :: Betsy Beads

Silvered Ivory Pleated Organic Focal 2445

Green Shimmers 2143

Dark Terra 2339

Silvered Ivory Organic Focal 2439


Betsy Beads is a lampwork bead shop owned by Betsy Wait. Based in Minnesota, Betsy uses American, German, and Italian glass to sculpt her art bead creations, and I love what she does.

I've had the pleasure of owning a few Betsy Beads, and in person, they are as stunning as they are in the photos. They look like new little worlds, like galaxies and space and beauty all combined into a bead that fits in your hand. Each bead is not only lovingly crafted by Betsy, but is also packed full of colors. I'm not afraid to confess that I spent a lot of time just staring at my screen, deciding and debating on which colors to pull out for these palettes. They are just mesmerizing!

To see more from Betsy, you can visit her website, her blog, her Etsy shop, and her Artfire shop.

Which palette's your favorite?


4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Wow. That is lush. I love the intricacy of the glass. I am most drawn to the last palette. There is something refreshing about navy blue and that pop of nectarine is so sublime! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin

Pat Gray said...

Beautiful beads! - I think it's past time to wander down to the local glass shop and learn how to make lampwork beads. And thank you so much for including the palettes - I still struggle with combining colors and these suggestions are a great inspiration!

AliMc said...

Phenomonal beads, in love with the first one shown.

made said...

Lovely, will definitely visit the etsy store. They do look like small worlds and they feel peaceful. I don't know how to explain it, but I love them!!!


Thanks for the palettes