I've created several projects with this amazing new ribbon for those who use art beads. I'm happy to present this tutorial featuring a simple way to finish of the ends of the ribbon to create a quick and easy necklace.
22" silk shibori ribbon - Dark FireFall
40mm pewter bird pendant
35mm acrylic leaf pendant
5 15mm arte metal jump rings
8 7mm gunmetal jump rings
7 peanut seed beads
2 8mm Czech glass faceted beads
2 8" lengths of 22 gauge gunmetal wire
2 2" eyepins
2 4mm copper spacer
Copper toggle bar
1. String the copper spacer onto the eyepin, poke the eyepin through the center of the ribbon at 1/4" from the top. Pull the eyepin until it reaches the copper spacer.
2. Gather the ribbon around the eyepin, hold firmly while wrapping the wire around the ribbon until it is secure.
3. Continue wrapping the wire until you have a messy wrap, trim the ends and tuck the ends of the wire in with chain nose pliers.
4. String the glass bead onto the eyepin and create a wrapped loop.
5. Repeat 1 - 4 on the other side of the ribbon. Add a 15mm jump ring to one eyepin and attach the copper toggle to the other eyepin with a 7mm jump ring.
6. Open one 15mm jump ring, slide it through another 15mm jump ring, close ring. Open and slide another jump ring through both of the two jump rings to form a 'rosette'.
7. Attach the two pendants together with a 7mm jump ring. Add a peanut seed bead to seven 7mm jump rings. Attach one beaded jump ring to jump ring attaching the pendants.
8. Open a 15mm jump ring, slide on pendants and 3 beaded jump rings on each side, add the jump ring to the 'rosette', close jump ring.
Pewter pendant: Green Girl Studio. Leaf Pendant: Vintage Meadow Artworks. Jump rings: Rings & Things. Shibori ribbon: Aria Design Studio. Peanut seed beads: Out on a Whim Beads.
Beautiful! Thank you for the tut!
This is really pretty. I have not seen this ribbon, but it looks amazing. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make a necklace with it and finish off the ends.
Thank you for sharing Heather, I hadn't seen this ribbon before. Your necklace is beautiful!
Thanks for the how-to! I want to try that.
Stunning Heather!! Perfect timing for this tut!!!
Gorgeous and very luxurious! I love it!
Gigi @ Old World Patina
Great post. Just a correction Aria is a resaler. They are made by Glennis Dolce of Shibori Girl Studios http://www.shiborigirlstudios.com/Shibori_Girl_Studios/Shiborigirl_Studios.html
Stunning work! jean
Beautiful! I especiall appreciate the deatil on how finish off the ends. It's seamless - just perfect.
Post a Comment