“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy.
For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me,
within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”
― Albert Camus
Today's free project is a bracelet that would make a great gift, include the quote and gift to it someone who needs to be reminded of their inner strength!
The bracelet is a simple, strung design with the clasp that doubles as the center piece of this creation.
Flower & bee pewter clasp
Wedgewood polymer clay bead
10mm ceramic round bead
5 10mm English cut glass beads
5 Czech glass leaf beads
6 Czech glass flower beads
6 6mm copper electroplated hematite beads
6 2" brass ball headpins
2 4mm glass o-beads (use any 4mm spacer)
10 11/0 copper seed beads
2 2mm copper crimp tubes
8mm copper jump ring
2 5mm copper jump rings
12" beading wire
Finished bracelet 8" long. Adjust size as needed.
1. On the beading wire string on the crimp tube, thread wire through the bee part of the clasp and loop back through the crimp tube, pull the beading wire tight. Use crimp pliers to close the crimp bead.
2. String on two closed 5mm jump rings over the crimp tube.
3. String on an english cut bead, seed bead, repeat. String on a leaf bead, seed bead, repeat two more times.
4. String on 6 hematite beads. String on seed bead, leaf bead, repeat. String on seed bead, English cut bead, repeat two more times.
5. String on o-bead, ceramic bead, o-bead, polymer clay bead.
6. String on crimp tube, string the beading wire through the other side of the clasp and loop back through the crimp tube. Use crimp pliers to close the crimp tube.
7. On a headpin, add a flower bead, create a messy wrapped loop using the remaining wire of the headpin. Repeat with five more flower beads. Open 8mm jump ring, thread the jump ring around the crimp tube next to the polymer clay bead. Add the six flower dangles, close the jump ring.
Resources: Flower clasp: Green Girl Studios. Wedgwood Bead: Humblebeads. Ceramic bead: White Clover Kiln. Seed beads: Fusion Beads. Czech glass and English cut beads: Lima Beads. Hematite: Happy Mango Beads.
Gorgeous bracelet, love the post with all the links of where to buy. Have the book.
It's full seems like late summer here so this is perfect.
Post a Comment