Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bead Birthday Wish List

Its my first blog post for ABS and it happens to coincide with my birthday so I decided to share my birthday wish list with you. Whilst I’m primarily a bead maker I still covet so many other peoples work, like most people involved in the creation of jewellery or jewellery components I find it really hard to resist collecting beads that speak to me, even if they only sit in my stash, I know I have collected them and they are there for whenever I decide to put them to good use.

First up and always high on my wish list are these gorgeous woven beads by Rebecca Anderson of Songbeads. I’m really into chartreuse and mustard at the moment and these really fit the bill.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/thecuriousbeadshop?section_id=15545115


Next up, I just can’t resist these perfectly formed little wordy beads from Grubbi Ceramics. Also based in Scotland her beads are filled with charm and fun. 


When I first started out making beaded jewellery I remember seeing work by the amazing GreenGirlStudio. This toggle is so beautiful and it HAD to go on my list. 



And finally who could resist these stunning drops from ClayforaCure. Not only can you buy beautiful components but you know you’re getting to help out a great cause too! 



So, whats on your wish list? if your pockets were deep and money no object what would fill your stash with? 

6 comments:

Terri Del Signore said...

Happy Birthday Sally!! Hope you have a great day!! I have some of those little seed beads in my stash and I just love them!!

Mary @ MaryMorrisJewelry.etsy.com said...

Happy birthday! I have no restraint, I'd buy it all. My color choices are blues and greens.

Soul Silver said...

Thank you Terri! I love them too, such versatile beads :)

Ann Schroeder said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. It's good to see you here; I look forward to your future posts! If money were no object, my main concern would be buying a new house. I'd need the space because I want ALL THE BEADS! :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks so much Sally! And happy birthday :-)

Soul Silver said...

I want all the beads too Ann! hard not to!
Mary you’re a lady after my own heart! Blues and Greens are always my go-to colours!
Thanks Rebecca! x