Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday Muse: Tropical Beads

 
As you are reading this I'm floating blissfully to a tropical island while hanging out with 65 creative, beady friends. It's Bead Cruise time!

I've been super inspired by the ocean and our Mexican destinations. Above you can see my latest birds with starfish, shells and coral designs. 

 
These earring charms look like treasures swept along a seaweed current. 

 
 
I'm teaching how to make these sea inspired headpins in one of my classes. Those are Nunn Design copper charms. 

 
Along with all those soft beachy hues, I was inspired by Mexican embroidery. I know I'll be shopping for some fun examples on the islands and taking lots of photos! 

 
I made these pendants inspired by Mexican ceramic tiles. These were my gift to our Bead Cruisers in our gift swag bags. 

Take a mental vacation on Pinterest this week and create jewelry inspired by your dream vacation. 

No comments: