I've gathered together jewelry designs incorporating art beads in each category of the contest. Let's rally for art beads! Support these bead artists and the jewelry designers who create with their art. YOU have the power to help these artists win prizes and showcase their work in Jewelry Stringing magazine!
To cast your vote, you must be signed into BeadingDaily.com. Then, click on the design titles under each of the category photos listed below. Hurry, voting is only open til May 28th!
1. Coffee Time Necklace, ceramic beads and pendant by Gaea.
2. Love Is Grand, ceramic beads and handmade pendant by Gaea.
3. Art Nouveau Raku, ceramic pendant by Clay River Designs.
4. Wishing, ceramic beads and components by the following artists: Michelle Johnston, Elaine Ray, Round Rabbit, Kylie Parry, Diane Hawkey, Marsha Neal, Jean Christen.
5. Bird Song, ceramic beads by Karen Totten.
6. Spice of Life, ceramic beads by Keith O'Connor.
2. Metal Menagerie, fine silver square ring and bead caps by Kate McKinnon, pewter toggle bar and bead by Mamacita Beadworks.
Glamour Moss Bracelet, lampwork beads by Cassie Donlen.
Did I miss you? If you used art beads in your Bead Star 2012 entry and you do not see your piece above. Let us know in the comments and I can post a follow-up.
Thank you for voting!
Erin Siegel is a jewelry designer, beading instructor and co-author of the forth-coming jewelry book, Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry: 50 Designs Using Leather, Ribbon and Cords. To find out more, visit her blog, Erin Siegel Jewelry.