Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Perfect Pairings :: Ann Schroeder + Tree Wings Studio + SueBeads


The thing that keeps drawing me into this Degas painting are the swirling tulle skirts and the bright pops of coral. So when I saw these earrings from Ann Schroeder I had to come back for a closer look. The round Aster disks make me think of the swishing movement of those skirts as they flair out. The tiny coral rondelles are the perfect counterpoint to the more somber color. And I love that she put this all on some waxed linen with the ends twirling free. C'est magnifique!

Featured Designer :: Ann Schroeder
 
Featured Bead Artist :: Tree Wings Studio + SueBeads

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Anonymous said...

Beatiful!

Claire Lockwood said...

These are a sweet interpretation. The Tree Wings Studio pieces are perfect!

baymoondesign said...

I agree about the swirling tutus. Your earrings capture them.