Monday, September 26, 2016

Designing with Wood Beads

A few weeks ago, I was selling my ceramic beads in Pompano Beach, Florida and during a quick power shopping moment, I discovered natural wood beads and sticks at the Koru Beads booth. Tracey Jackson sells the most beautiful beads made from nature - shells, stones, wood, and so much more.  But the wood - I had to have it!  So many types and shades.  I was thinking earrings with the sticks and mini logs, pendants with the drift wood pieces (layering a beachy ceramic bead on top perhaps) and a stacking pendant with the longer sticks.  I also purchased a beautiful strand of Tibetan Agate that the color stripes matched up in pairs for earring accents.  Here's my haul:


So far I have made 2 pairs of earrings.  I made the birds out of mid fire buff clay and glazed one pair in shiny brown and one pair in shiny smokey blue.  So with the mini logs, a little bling gets thrown in to break up the brown tones.  I used 20g Vintaj wire and earring findings to wire wrap the pieces together.

The smokey blue glaze matched this pair of Tibetan Agate beads nicely.  I used the 2 shortest sticks, a crystal accent and again, 20g Vintaj wire and earring findings to wire wrap the pieces together.



Tracey will be adding the wood beads to her website this week, so be sure to check out www.truthjackson.com to get some for yourself!  I know I am excited to use the rest of my treasures in the near future.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes handmade jewellery is the best choice for all now a days. This post is really good. You are sharing your best. Thanks for it. Earring is looking awesome; yes designing with Wood Beads is very popular. Few days ago i had got Brown Desire Linear Earrings from "creativeartycrafts(dot)com". It’s really nice.