Happy Valentine's Day from the Earring Whisperer!
I feel as though I should be wearing an eye mask and have a rose clenched in my teeth whilst writing this!
What a perfect day to talk about Love, Passion and ART BEADS!!
Look at these colors together! The blending of deep red, pink and purple give so much richness and depth! The hearts and sugary discs are free-form and the arrow fletching or tail feathers, have a one-of-a-kind layered patina adding extra life and texture. For fun, I've inverted the hearts to form an arrow head. These earrings have a bit of whimsy, but still edgy!
They are simply constructed; the real work was in the design. Proportion, shape and color are most important in this pair. I also made sure that I wire wrapped heavy, not only for security, but for the overall design, giving the three beads continuity in forming cupid's arrow.
Hope you have a lovely day!
Loralee Kolton Jewelryhttps://www.facebook.com/loraleekolton.jewelry/
1 pair, 16mm lampwork heart beads.
1 pair, 14mm of lampwork sugar disc beads.
2 pieces of 4mm bi-cone, red or purple Swarovski crystals
1 pair 29mm long, pewter arrow charms.
2 pieces of 20g oxidized wire, appox, 10" long ea.
2 pieces of 24g oxidized wire approx. 4" long
2 copper earwires
1. Start by wire-wrapping the arrow's tail or fletching, making sure to leave an extra long, straight piece of wire extended out.
2. Add the sugar disc and then a bi-cone crystal. The crystal will stabilize the disc and create a small space you'll use later.
3. Add the glass heart, making sure to invert it, forming the arrow's head.
4. Make a wire-wrapped loop at the top, still leaving a long tail of wire. Use the remaining tail of wire to run down the back of the heart and then once again, wrapping directly under the heart. The double wrapping not only looks nice, but it will keep your heart facing forward.
5. Lastly, go back and directly under the disc bead, use the 24g wire to tightly add an extra wrapping between the disc and arrow's tail. Aesthetically, it's more pleasing to the eye to cover up that skinny little wrap you started out with, and, will match the thicker wrapping on the other side of the disc.
Lampwork Hearts: http.www.serenasmilthlampwork.etsy.com
Lampwork disc beads: http://www.silverfishdesigns.etsy.com
Arrow Charms: http://www.inviciti.etsy.com
Oxidized Wire: http://www.artwearelements.etsy.com/