Tuesday, January 6, 2009

$10 Tuesday - Woodland Pendant

It's time again for our creative editors to bring you an art bead project for $10 or under.

This week's design features beads from 2 different artists! Just call me McFrugal.


Supplies:

Disk bead (Humblebeads)
Ceramic leaf (Every Heart Crafts)
Brass hammered ring
Brass bead cap
6mm pearl
4 brass 8mm jump rings
1 brass 4mm spacer
1 brass headpin with ball
3" brass 24 gauge wire
18" gunmetal chain

(Brass from Bello Modo, chain from Rings & Things)

Directions:
1. Wire wrap the disk bead with the brass wire.
2. On the headpin string the pearl and bead cap, trim wire and form a loop.
3. Attach the leaf and both dangles to the hammered loop with jump rings.
4. Attach a jump ring on the top of the loop and string through the chain.

The $25 or under variation:

Have some extra cash in your pocket? Spruce up this project with a tiny little charm from Hint, like the precious little hummingbird below.

This project is from Heather Powers of Humblebeads.

9 comments:

Beth Hikes said...

Love your ability to be thrifty! Thanks for including my little hummingbird for some fun :)

As always, I'm enjoying and learning from you...

Erin Siegel said...

Heather,

Thank you for featuring my leaf charm on your project today! I love it! I'm such a sucker for charm necklaces myself. This is so cute and for $10 or under you can't beat that! Thanks again!

Alicia @ Oh2122 said...

That's great!

I love the colors, and EHC is one of my favorite blogs!

SueBeads said...

Very very cute! I love everyone's work!
Sue

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Love the design, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Love the ten dollar Tuesdays! This project is really nice, I may have to whip up a version of own.

Dave Robertson said...

Hi, Heather, what great beads and of course they're even nicer the way you've presented 'em. Thanks for noting our gunmetal chain, a big favorite!

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT !!! Gonna make my own! Thank You !!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.