Monday, January 19, 2009

Featured Designer of the Week - Stories They Tell

Each Monday we feature the Designer of the Week. One of our editors pick their favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries.

This week I choose the Van Gogh inspired "Tramontane Necklace" by Stories They Tell. I love that the artist chose a color palette based on the painting. The beads are beautiful. The sparse pairing of the steel wire and chain echo the modern feel of the beads and accent the design perfectly. To see more work by the artist view the Stories They Tell flickr photostream.

Our theme this month is "Van Gogh's Irises!" You could be our featured designer next week! Create something that combines the theme with art beads and then send in your submission for the January Challenge.

4 comments:

Lori said...

That is an awesome piece! I was going to try and tackle this months challenge but I think I'll have to wait until next month, :9

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

The beads are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Exactly the one I would have choosen :) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Heather, you really got what I was aiming for. And thanks too for the inspired Challenge theme, it has stimulated lots more ideas.