Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Art Button Succeeding!

When frozen out of my unheated glass studio, I keep creating to keep the inspiration flowing for when the studio thaws out. Curious about cashmere, I bought a few skeins of Debbie Bliss 100% Cashmere yarn on sale at Webs. I wanted to create a one of a kind piece so I made my own crochet pattern.

Such lovely yarn deserved something special. So I hunted around until I found the perfect finishing touch - a lovely artist made button called A Button Succeeding from Mamacita Beadworks on Etsy.

I'd say this lovely button has succeeded, wouldn't you?

Written by Cindy Gimbrone, glass beadmaker and yarn lover.

5 comments:

Heather Powers said...

I'm a huge fan of Mamacita's buttons! I have quite the growing stash in my bead box.

This is a beautiful neckwarmer, very soft looking and wintery.

Rosanne said...

What a beautiful color! It looks so warm and soft. Mamacita's button just puts the icing on top.
One other thing...you can't go wrong with cashmere, I haven't knitted with it but I've seen some beautiful creations (it's sooo
expensive)..and one other thing I love the scallops on the ends.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I am fascinated with art buttons! I love torching them in different, fun shapes!

This button is lovely!

LiPeony said...

o very very pretty! The color of the yarn is fantastic and the design is great. The little button is perfect for it too. =D

ChezChani said...

Beautiful. Yes that button is a HUGE success!