Monday, November 15, 2010

Designer of the Week: Molly Alexander

NOV ABS

Each Monday the Art Bead Scene features the Designer of the Week. One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries. This week's featured designer is...

Here's what Art Bead Scene editor Lorelei Eurto had to say about Molly's piece...

"As soon as I saw Molly's necklace, I knew it was my favorite interpretation of Klimt's painting, Tree of Life.
The beautiful etched pendant, with it's curly tendrils of branches mimics the tree in the painting, and of course, I love anything with wood beads. I love the asymmetrical nature of this piece. I think the interesting metal bail that Molly made for her pendant is my favorite part about the piece.
A little unexpected tidbit that one might not notice right away!"

You can view more of Molly's gorgeous designs on her flickr page!

8 comments:

Malin de Koning said...

It shure is a great piece! Congrats Molly!

steufel said...

Congrats, Molly. That is soooooo pretty!

TesoriTrovati said...

Nicely done, Molly. I hope that my experiments in etching will one day come out as nice as this.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Oh ya, wonderful piece Molly!!!

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Fantastic piece!

KeRobinson said...

Ooh yea, I love the colors in the pendant!

Jan Thomason said...

Haven't I ways said you were a genius??
This is gorgeous, Molly, dear.
YOU ROCK!

mathebula said...

magnificent piece of work... congrats