Monday, September 22, 2014

Amuse Your Muse - Autumnal Beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello, hello! Monday again, and the start of another bright and shiny week - how did that happen? I'm still not quite ready to concede that Autumn/Fall is here - Indian Summer, anyone? - but I am thoroughly loving all the Autumnal designs I'm seeing cropping up. And of course, that includes all the beautiful Autumnal art beads that I have found to share with you this week. 

Here is a sweet set from Tupper's Perch:
Honestly, do beads get much cuter than these?


I adore the Klimt-esque colours in these lovely paper (yes, paper!) beads from Gillian McMurray:
 I have a set of these and despite being formed from paper, they are amazingly sturdy and robust. Check out Gillian's lovely shop!

 I love finding a new-to-me bead artist, and Red Star Bead Artist is one. Just look at these sweet bird dagger beads:


From new to a staple in my work....a gorgeous acorn from Bo Hulley. I have one - which colour-combo is your favourite? 


Kristen from Bead Swede Designs shared more of her beautiful enamel work - and I think these gorgeous rounds are my favourites so far! 
What beautiful, saturated Fall-tones. 


Continuing with the beautiful Autumn tones we move onto this fiery lampwork pair from Olga Glass Art. These beads seem to glow from within!


And last but not least, here's a pair of earrings from yours truly! Featuring some of my teeny tiny handwoven beads in sweet Autumnal tones. I'm very fond of these!

What Autumnal art beads have you found this week? Share your links in the comments below! 

And now, over to the BeadBlogger Links:





















Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, based in her country's capital, Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I hope you don't mind another one:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/204753648/enameled-acorn-toggle-clasp-with-copper?ref=shop_home_active_5

I love Fall!