Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday Musings - Autumnal Beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Happy Monday everyone! It's that time again, can you believe it - the start of a brand new week. I hope it will be a good one for you! 

It's our last week of Autumnal beads, and I must say that I have loved sharing this month's theme with you - Autumn colours are really wonderful, I am sure you'll all agree. 

First up this week, a clasp from Bead Swede Supplies. (I hope you don't mind another one, Kristen says. We certainly don't mind more of your gorgeous work, that's for sure!)


My co-editor Claire put some new Autumnal bead sets in her shop - Something to do beads - just a couple of days ago, and already most of them have been snapped up! There's just one of these gorgeous sets left - do head over and snaffle them up quick sharp to make sure you don't miss out. I love the exposed clay here, and the subtle touch of celadon green (one of my own favourite colours). 


Editor-in-chief Heather of Humblebeads is a big fan of Autumn, or Fall! Look at these beautiful beads she's created, inspired by the season. One of my favourite shapes from Heather - her matchstick earring pairs. 

No art beads here, but wouldn't my new Czech glass, artisan copper and Irish waxed linen Curious Inspiration Kit be the perfect accompaniment to your favourite Autumnal art beads? 


A very special bead from Mary Harding, another member of the Art Bead Scene team. Mary has been creating a series of these unique metal beads, and has even had them featured in Jewelry Stringing magazine! You can read about these beads and see more of them over on Mary's own blog here


And now over to the BeadBlogger Links. Have a great week! 







Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, based in her country's capital, Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

3 comments:

Mary Harding said...

Such a yummy collection of Fall beads Rebecca. Thanks so much for including my new metal beads!!

Claire Lockwood said...

Thank for including my set. There's some yummy things here!

Alice said...

Yummy beads! They make my mouth water.