Monday, October 19, 2015

Amuse the Muse - Twig and Branch Beads - with Rebecca of Songbead

Hello everyone! We are powering through October and it's decidedly chilly here in Edinburgh - although the sun is still shining brightly most days, so I am not complaining. Winter coat, woolly scarf, warm boots and I'm good to go!

We're continuing with our leaf and tree bead theme this week, and I'm going to share a few pieces of jewellery from my back catalogue with you, along the tree theme - branch necklaces. I love how a branch or twig component can form a sort of yoke for a pendant - I love how the branch shape hangs when worn too. Here are a few Songbead necklaces from days gone by!


I've got to say, I still really love each and every one of these. Sure, I might not create them exactly the same today, but I still feel proud of these - not least because of all the wonderful art beads! There are beads here from: Bo Hulley, Mamacita Beadworks, Humblebeads, Golem Design Studio, Elukka and Kylie Parry. And what do you know, I still love to collaborate with each of these artists today! 

And here are some twig and branch art bead-y finds from me this week. Enjoy!


Suzie Q Beads (Happy!)

Humblebeads (Just adore the colours in these!)


Woodland Workshop (I couldn't resist giving you the opportunity to work with real, wooden beads in your designs!)


Diane Hawkey (some of my own personal favourites to work with!)


Maria Grimes (HOW cute?!)

A rather stupendous finally from Karen Totten!



And now for the BeadBlogger Links. Have a great week everyone!







Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer; currently living in the capital city of Edinburgh. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Heather Wynn Millican said...

Oh, I love your designs as well!!