Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bead Scoop - Book 'Em

Call for Entries to Beadwork’s Beaded Book Exhibition
Beadwork announces their sixth international juried competition and exhibition: The Beaded Book! Alter a book, re-create a favorite character, bead a page of text, or make whatever your imagination can conjure up relating to beads and books. Show your passion for books and beads in one creative effort. Entry period: August 1-December 18, 2008. Read the complete rules. The winning entries will be published in a gallery in Beadwork magazine and the actual works will be exhibited at Bead Fest Santa Fe (March 12–15, 2009) and Bead Fest Philadelphia (August 20–23, 2009).

Here are a few of my current creations inspired by books:

Dandelion Wine Beads, take their namesake from Ray Bradbury's novel.


Bookplates are popping up as Secret Garden Pendants, an interesting mixed media creation after a little shopping in my local scrapbook store.

I'd love to see your jewelry or beads that have been inspired by books. Leave a link in the comments for a chance to be featured in an upcoming post.

2 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

I emerge from my bacayshun once again because I have to tell you that these creations ou are making are awesome! I love them.

artandtea said...

Hi Heather,

I love your work!

Here is my "Secret Garden" necklace:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12476397@N08/2259562732/

Happy creating!
Karen