Thursday, August 7, 2008

Findings Worth Finding: Metalliferous

The first piece of jewelry I ever made back in 1997 was a pair of earrings. I learned to make wire loops and headpins at Beaucoup Conge in Tucson, Arizona. My jewelry making career started with wire. When I'm feeling blocked, I'll take out my copper wire, pliers and start fooling around. It always unblocks me. If you're a wire-lover like I am, you want to know all the good places to buy wire and metal. Have I got the place for you!

Metalliferous!

Metalliferous has everything you can imagine, wire, metal, chain and findings in base metals, brass, copper, nickel, niobium, steel, aluminum, titanium and even iron! They carry tools and beads. Their online store isn't as comprehensive as their mail order but still worth a look.


They have so much that it might be better if you just took a tour. Metal Chik leads a video tour of Metalliferous. Check it out - Metalliferous is definitely drool worthy - hold onto your checkbooks and credit cards!



Written by Cindy Gimbrone, glass artist, Wire lover and Hoarder of Findings.
(Photo Credit: Pictures of findings from the Metalliferous website)

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

I love Metalliferous! I shop their online store a lot! They are an awesome find!