Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kandinsky's Fall Color Palette

Collection of Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute, Museum of Art, Utica, NY 56.42
One of the things I love so much about this month's challenge is the expansive color palette used in Kandinsky's painting. It reminds me of a stormy fall sky amid trees that are changing colors.
I whipped up some possible color palettes, feel free to use them as inspiration for your monthly challenge submission.

Tomorrow I will share some my favorite art beads that reflect this month's painting.


rosebud101 said...

This one really has me stumped! I guess I'll just have to stare at the painting more. Something will eventually click!

Jenny J. said...

Hi Heather -

Just seeing these colors laid out makes me want to go play. But, alas, I have to go read about humanitarian interventions for school! haaaaa

But, question for you...have you seen the book "Polymer Clay: Color Inspirations" by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio? I really want to learn more about color and making it work for me, but would love to hear your opinion about the exercises and techniques in this book.

Take care!