Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kandinsky's Fall Color Palette

Collection of Munson-Williams-Proctor Art Institute, Museum of Art, Utica, NY 56.42
One of the things I love so much about this month's challenge is the expansive color palette used in Kandinsky's painting. It reminds me of a stormy fall sky amid trees that are changing colors.
I whipped up some possible color palettes, feel free to use them as inspiration for your monthly challenge submission.



Tomorrow I will share some my favorite art beads that reflect this month's painting.

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

This one really has me stumped! I guess I'll just have to stare at the painting more. Something will eventually click!

Jen Judd said...

Hi Heather -

Just seeing these colors laid out makes me want to go play. But, alas, I have to go read about humanitarian interventions for school! haaaaa

But, question for you...have you seen the book "Polymer Clay: Color Inspirations" by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio? I really want to learn more about color and making it work for me, but would love to hear your opinion about the exercises and techniques in this book.

Take care!

Jen