- Ceramic Focal Bead
- accent beads(optional)
- approx. 20 inches of 18 gauge wire
- something round and close to the size you want your ring to be; ring mandrel, dowel rod, marker
- needle nose pliers
- wire cutters
- If you're making the ring with the disc beads you'll need to string a seed bead onto the wire. Once you have it in the middle of the wire, fold it in half and send both ends of the wire through the hole. If the focal bead has a side to side hole, slide it on the wire to the middle of the wire.
- Add any accent beads you would like, like the leaf charms etc.
- Place the focal bead on top of the mandrel and hold tight with your fingers. Wrap one side of the wire around until it is pointing back up at the focal bead.
- Do the same with the second side if the wire.
- On one side of the focal bead grab the two side wire with you pliers. Wrap the loose end of the wire around the two until it is snug. Usually 2-3 times. Trim the excess wire.
- Repeat step 5 for the second side of the ring.
- If you want wire to "orbit" around the focal bead, (like the pink ring), don't trim one side of the loose wire and wrap it around until you get the look you want. Secure the end by wrapping it around the round ring wires.
Like this project? You can get a free project every week during the holidays if you sign up for my Holiday Newsletters. The sign up is at the bottom of the page.