Sunday, April 7, 2013

Show Me Sunday - Water Beads with Rebecca of Songbead


Happy Sunday, Art Bead Sceners! How's your week been? I've been busy sorting new beads for Curious, and trying to eke out some time for my own jewellery designing. I have a craft fair coming up in 2 weeks - my first one of 2013 - and I fear I may be woefully low on stock! During 2012 and for much of 2011, I had at least one fair a month for the whole year, which was a great learning curve and fantastic to meet so many customers and friends at so many different events. It was, however, rather tiring at times! So I decided to give myself a little time off at the beginning of this year - always a fairly quiet time in my experience anyway. I got into quite a routine last year, so I'm hoping that I can remember everything for the 21st! If you are in the NW of England and fancy a quick trip to Altrincham then, I'd love to see you! It's a vintage and craft fair, but also does a great line in produce - well worth the trip. I'm looking forward to being back! Here's a peek at roughly what my stand will look like again in 2 weeks - hopefully.....it's been a while since I constructed it.


So, onto water-y beads - rain, rivers, the sea - anything related to water......

First up are some lovely bronze cloud pendants that Kathy found, from Free Individual on Etsy. Aren't they just lovely? I can almost see waves in there as well.


When I was surfing around etsy to find some beads for today's post, these next beads just leapt off the page at me. I'm sure you cans see why!

This set is entitled 'Water Ways' and they're from Vedas Beads.

I am always in awe of what bead artists all over the world can create, and there's something particularly magical about turning molten glass into beads.....I simply had to share this next bead with you today.

 I know next to nothing about the skills involved in lampworking, but to me, this just seems the most incredible crafts(wo)manship. From Tangled Dragon Studio.

These next ones were too fun to leave behind! They are not drilled but I have no doubt there are many ways they could be incorporated into unique handmade jewllery. 


And last but by no means least, I just had to share these lovely lampwork beads from fellow Edinburgh girl, Helen Chalmers. 

She calls them Rainy Day Beads. Bad luck if you were thinking of snagging them though, because they are all mine now!

Do share any watery beads you come across - I would love to hear all about your finds, and help to promote your own beads too! Or why not take this as a personal challenge if you are a bead maker, and make some water-themed beads? We've got all of April to explore this theme! Leave your links in the comments below.

And now for the Bead Blogger links. Have a lovely day everyone!

Can you use beads to make you happy? Lisa is sharing some happy beads and chain to do just that! 

Tammy adds anther incredible designer to her monthly series

Brandi pulls out a beautiful colour palette from this month's challenge piece by Monet. 

It's "Innovative Stringing Month" on Beading Arts, and Cyndi is looking for new inspiration from YOU! 

A good craft disaster story is the highlight of the week on Resin Crafts blog! 

Jean discusses the words Crazy and Creative and somehow ends up at jewelry! 

Andrew recaps the last week of projects created for the Fusion Beads 30 Day Bead Challenge. 


Rebecca is a Scottish jewellery designer, currently living in Manchester, England. You can read more about her and her work at her blog, songbeads.blogspot.com and see more of her jewellery at songbead.etsy.com. She also has a supplies shop at thecuriousbeadshop.etsy.com.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fabulous selection. Good luck with your sales - your 'stand' looks fabulous and I am sure that you can recreate it

m.e. said...

I Love all those beads!


I have 2 "water " beads to share
https://www.etsy.com/listing/122827436/handmade-heart-toggle-clasp-sand-and?ref=shop_home_active

https://www.etsy.com/listing/125480300/handmade-oval-toggle-clasp-i-heart?ref=shop_home_active

m.e. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Her Strange Kind said...

Those are some beautiful beads!
I have a link to share as well..

http://www.etsy.com/listing/124827392/lampworkglass-bead-handmadeorganics-32?ref=shop_home_active

Claire Lockwood said...

A shower of clouds made this week:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/129164674/cloud-charm-1-cloud-pendant-pebble-bead