Saturday, December 14, 2013

Inside the Studio with Gaea Cannaday - Looking Back At 2013

Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Congratulations Sarajo Wentling! You have won a Simple Truths Bead from Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati. Please send Erin an e-mail with your information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today we visit the studio of Gaea Cannaday of Gaea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready for the holidays? How does the time go by so fast? For me, it has been a time of creativity and reflecting on the year that has past. A time for being thankful for my healthy family and friends and remembering those who have passed. A time to call on those dear ones who have moved to distant lands. (Yes. Michigan is a distant land.) Gifts under a tree are a blessing, but a greater blessing is having the memories of the past year. A look back at this years creative endeavors and trips outside the studio….
 Spring 2013






 Summer 





Fall




Winter


 It has been a crazy, fun, and sometimes scary twelve months. What are you reflecting on in this season of giving? Leave a comment to win a new Peace Bird pendant. Happy Holidays! XO Gaea


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wearing many hats, Gaea lives in Ojai, California. You can see her work here... www.gaea.cc or here... gaea.indiemade.com and here... gaeabeads.blogspot.com

14 comments:

Alice said...

I so agree that memories are more special than presents under the tree. I enjoyed seeing what you were up to this past year--all lovely. And hasn't the year gone fast?!

Erin S said...

so much beautiful work! As for me, I'm reflecting on too many things NOT accomplished this year. (glass half empty.) Hopefully I'll do better next year.

Wendy D. said...

I so enjoyed your retrospective of the past year -- thank you! I've been reflecting about the gifts of friendship -- the generous, creative members of our local bead society who share their time and talents and the cyber-buddies who inspire and send me beautiful art beads. I'm grateful for each of them!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful this holiday season. My husband has been very sick this year and was in the hospital for thanksgiving. Thankfully he is getting stronger everyday and I hope the new year will bring him a new chance at a restful and healthy life. My family has been our angels during this time, helping us in every way possible. I'm thankful for my hubby, my family and the medical community that has helped us get on the road to recovery!

Angi Mullis dj2isme@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing a sampling of your jewelry and beads from this past year, as well as a few photos of your life outside the studio. I adore that bird pendant!!!!

Mary Harding said...

Love your PeaceBird pendant Gaea. So fitting for this holiday season!!

Ann Schroeder said...

This time of year - and throughout the year really - I think about how lucky and grateful I am. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations with us!

Anonymous said...

Here in Australia we call December the Silly Season -- for the number of holiday and end of year parties (it's the end of the school year for us too), for the mad rushing around one does going to school concerts, ballet concerts, shopping, and more, and for the sheer zaniness of life! So once I have a chance to catch my breath (maybe around the 26th), I'll be reflecting on what I have achieved this year as I have started to sell my jewellery for the first time.

Anonymous said...

Gaea does such beautiful work

Tammie T Everly said...

Interesting look back, the end of the year is always a good time to look back at how we've grown, changed and improved. Thank you for the opportunity to enter~ I LOVE that peace bird :-D

Cheri said...

I look back at how far I have come in the one year I have been making jewelry! I love using artbeads in my jewelry, they look amazing and not using them isn't an option. I love Gaea's beads and would love to win this bird!!

Cheri said...

I love creating with artbeads and would love to win this giveaway! As I look back over the past year, I am amazed at how far I have come in the year I have been making jewelry!

SusanDolphinDelaney said...

I am reflecting on how blessed I am. In this season of giving I am giving thanks.

Colleen said...

Like everyone, I've had highs and lows this year. Unfortunately, a lot more lows this year than highs. But, my plan is that next year isn't going to be the same and so I'm learning lessons from the lows and looking forward to changing things.