Friday, April 17, 2015

Inside the Studio: Humblebeads

Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Congratulations to DivyaN!

You have won a $20 gift certificate to Ema K Designs.  
Send Ema an email to claim your gift certificate. 

Welcome to the Humblebeads Studio today. My studio is crazy disaster today as I have too many deadlines and projects on my plate at the moment. When that happens I tear through my studio like a hurricane. And then the mess spills over to the kitchen table and soon every flat surface in the house has a project going. 


I'm busy getting ready for trunk show this weekend and have been adding in custom orders and fun projects to round out my inventory. The believe and wish cuff started off as special orders. I can't always fit in a special order, but if it's something in line with what I already do and I'm looking to add new beads they are just the what I need. Of course, I use molds for these beads and have been whipping out little piles of them now! 

These bees have been enjoying flying off around the country. Gotta give props to the bees, we wouldn't be here without them! They started out inspired by a winter set that I did and I wanted to create a spring version and the bees replaced snowflakes - as they should!!!

Another custom order that fit nicely into my regular line of beads. The rings will be fun to work into different designs. Can't wait to see what jewelry designers do with them.

So I'm going to giveaway a $35 gift certificate to Humblebeads.com. 

Your assignment, take a quick peek at www.humblebeads.com and let me know what would be your wish from me if I was bead genie and could make any Humblebeads that you wished. Is there a type of bead you'd like to see me make or a variation of some kind that I haven't thought of yet. 

Leave a comment below, we will draw a winner next Friday. 

34 comments:

Alice said...

Well everything you make is amazing. I do love the cuffs.

baymoondesign said...

I would love to see a butterfly bar bracelet. I love all your beads!

Unknown said...

I would love to see a little fluffy bantam chicken bead.

Unknown said...

I'm fine and dandy with the bumble bees, they are so wonderful!

Carol Briody said...

When I saw your message over at Art Bead Scene Lounge (asking what type of bead to 'wish' for from Humblebeads), I thought of 'bumblebees'. So, I ran right over here to ABS to make my wish...and low-and-behold, here they are!!!! Bumblebees! I love them, Heather.
Let's see..could I also wish for Yorkie beads??

Marie said...

Your beads are so magical and earthy it's hard to wish for anything other than what you already have. But since you asked, a kitty cat motif would be delightful.

Sarah R. said...

Would absolutely love some tree stumps and logs to use with the woodland-themed beads. And more little forest creatures would be great too.

Unknown said...

I love the black and white sgraffito beads in your workshop and would love those to be a regular item in your shop. Since I also love your disc beads, I wonder if there could be a version of them in disc as well (knowing nothing about bead making). The new bees are wonderful as well!

Divya N said...

I never thought that I would win :) thanks for choosing me

DespinaV said...

I'd love some long, curved tube beads for delicate bar necklaces, thank you!

deb_oro@yahoo.gr

Sarajo Wentling said...

I'm so, so in love with your new bee beads and they are sitting in my creation queue to be joined with Andrew's Sweet Honey challenge kit possibly.... We'll see! Anyway, I'd love to see more bee designs and I'm wondering if you've done your gingko leaves as earring charms. That would be delightful!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

If you were a genie, I "Believe" I would "Wish" for those two cuff beads. A $35 coupon would just do the trick!

They're all beautiful. Good luck with the trunk show.

Empty nester at last said...

Wow.. that is hard, you make such amazing beads. I am torn between your house, lentil and long beads....I would take any bead you offered...all of them are outstanding.

Steph L. said...

I love the little nesting doll beads they you made recently. I would love to see more of those in different colors.

Unknown said...

I just love the links. wonderful start for bracelets and multi-strand necklaces.

Anonymous said...

No one does nature beads better, Heather! Would love to see more heggies, deer, birds, bees, and such! Bet you could do some awesome bats for Halloween!

Erin S said...

Well, it's hard to think of anything you haven't already covered! Your range is exceptional. I've always been a huge fan of your disc beads--such great color combos.

Claire Lockwood said...

Oh, I love those beeeeeeeeeezzz. Wish I could win!

Anonymous said...

I think toggles to go with the bonbon beads would be great.

Elizabeth said...

I would love to see your daggers in more colors and different metallics I love the chalky finish, but would like to see silver.

Liona (Blue Merlin Creations) said...

I really like your house beads, Heather. Maybe the idea of different houses like tudor style....the tall, narrow houses you see in Amsterdam...That sort of idea...does that make sense? =) Oh, and any birds!

Unknown said...

I would love to see your bee beads made into a bracelet bar with a queen's crown instead of the bee!
Thanks, Connie

Unknown said...

I love your Bee beads but would like to see a Queen's crown on them and have some made fro bracelet bars,
Thank you

Unknown said...

Would love to see some queens crown's on top of your bee beads and then have some made into bracelet bars, thank you

Unknown said...

Would love to see your bee beads have a queen's crown on them and then have them made into a few bracelet bars!
Thank you
Cornelia Short

Deb Fortin said...

My faves in your shop are the daggers with the metallic tops. I love love love these , any colour any size, or should I say EVERY colour EVERY size .

Renee M said...

Well after looking at your gorgeous creations my wish list is growing! I especially like the ginko & other leaves and the sea-inspired pieces. Only things I can think of right now for a wish-you-would-make list are bluebonnet & Indian paintbrush flower pieces (seeing as I live in Texas, those are favorites) and bats. I don't know why I like bats so much, but i could see you making some with wings stretched out & a hole at tip of each wing so could connect together for a bracelet. :)

fairiesmarket said...

You know I love your beads but since the bead genie is asking I would like a sunflower; deep yellow and dark green or a desert cactus. I really like the bee!

Karen @ fairiesmarket@gmail.com

Marianne Baxter said...

I would like sea urchin charms for earrings Love your starfish work

Jane B. said...

I would like a bead bar that says the word "hope", or as someone else already suggested I would love a bead/pendant with a kitty. Thanks for the sneak peak into your studio.

Jess Green said...

Amazing beads as always Heather :) I especially love the colour and texture of the 'Wish' bracelet bars!

Unknown said...

Wow! Those peacock lentils really caught my eye. I love the sea-inspired beads and would love to see a 6-hold spacer bead or stick beads with a sea theme. Or some more peacock beads - maybe a 6 hold spacer bead. All of your beads are really beautiful!

Shai Williams said...

I am always addicted to beads with dragonflies and perhaps cats.

Kathy said...

I love the petal hairpins and it would be nice if the birds (a lovely Canary maybe!) could be made into hairpins as well. I think small beads in black and white accents would also be really lovely!