Saturday, May 14, 2016

Meeting Songbead

I have just recently returned from a holiday in Scotland. We had been planning the trip for over a year in anticipation of an epic wedding! My husband's family is Scottish and his uncle was getting married at St. Giles cathedral. Oh, what a glorious event it was, the weather was gorgeous and the reception was exceptionally top notch. 

Our youngest, Graham, was given the honor of paige boy and he would be wearing a kilt! I literally counted down the days until my heart would explode from the cuteness!! He suited it well and performed his duties like a wee gentleman. He somehow managed to score a date during the reception and wooed many young beauties on the dance floor.







I was given the honor of reading during the ceremony and recited a beautiful portion of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë ~


I have for the first time found what I can truly love-
I have found you. 

You are my sympathy- my better self- my good angel; I am bound to you with a strong attachment. 

I think you good, gifted, lovely; a fervent, solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my center and spring of life, 

wraps my existence about you- and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one. 

It was because I felt and knew this, that I resolved to marry you.





I was reciting these lovely words for over a year and became emotional a handful of times but nothing prepared me for the day I would stand before the most breathtaking of brides in St, Giles Cathedral. 






Another event that I was looking forward to while visiting Edinburgh, was meeting my friend Rebecca Anderson. No need to tell you how awesome she is because anyone reading this blog is keenly well aware.  Rebecca is a brilliant artist and it was such a joy to finally hug her neck and have a face to face chat. We planned to meet at her flat (which is in a super cool artsy part of Edinburgh) Her space was just as I imagined, brimming with creativity and life.



The wonderful wall of art


Rebecca Anderson, me, Jen Cunningham, Graham (he wanted to be in the photograph as well-ha)





Thank you for your gracious hospitality and generous gifts, Rebecca. It was such a treat to spend some time with you and your fish n chips recommendation was stellar!! As you know, we dined there twice :) (I tried the brown sauce- YUM!)


We explored Stockbrige a few days after our visit and perused a fab market filled with handmade crafts and goodies. Graham gifted this sweet little piece of art by painter & printmaker Sally Fisher
SalGallery

My sweet husband purchase these darling handmade earrings by Alexis Southam. There were SO many options and I spent a good 10 minutes agonizing over a decision. All of her wares were so pretty!!


Alexis Southam



stag necklace (swoon)

We also picked up some handmade dog treats for our Oliver, a few antique books, and some eppoisse (so stinky good)


Scotland is truly amazing! The landscapes are glorious and everyone we encountered was genuine & kind. We wish to move there one day. For now, I will relish the memories :)











Sean Connery slept here ;)

9 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

What a bloody brilliant trip you have had! I have missed hearing your sweet voice here, and so happy to hear of your experiences! That little man of yours is quite the charmer (I had to look twice to see him in the corner, teehee!) and what a special event to be a part of. That poem is one I have long forgotten and I thank you for reminding me of those soul-full words. To meet Miss Rebecca would be a dream! I admire her so very much! Thank you for taking all of us on your journey with you. (Now I really must get that passport!) Enjoy the day! Erin

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

What a wonderful experience and adventure!! Thanks for sharing!

Ann Schroeder said...

Great pics and fun to read about. Thanks!

baymoondesign said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip. Your son looks so handsome in his kilt. The wedding must have been beautiful.

I agree that Scotland is gorgeous county to visit. I would love to get back there.

The bird earrings are so cute. Very thoughtful of your husband. Great memories for all!

bairozan said...

Wonderful trip for a glorious occasion and meeting Rebecca Anderson must have been such a treat! As well as going to the art market and seeing the fantastic landscapes. Well, "Sean Connery slept here" counts, too!

Heather Wynn Millican said...

Thank you Ladies!! I loved reading your comments :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet post, lovely photos, such a beautiful text plus a Scottish wedding, wow.
We also love the UK.
Not great bead or craft stores though :( but nice that you found a wonderful market with such beautiful artisan work.
I love those pop of colour shoes you are wearing, quite sassy lol.
We are going back to England in September, can't wait.
But won't be wearing shoes like that haha only my Hunter wellies!
Cheers!

Heather Wynn Millican said...

Thanks Julie :)

Rebecca said...

It was such an absolute treat to meet you all! I am just sorry we didn't manage to go out for a wee glass of wine together too :-) Next time! Oh and Melis's - SO GOOD!!!!