Friday, June 10, 2016

Inside the Studio with Humblebeads

Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive, we offer a prize each week to encourage you to use that keyboard and tell us what you think. The following week a winner is chosen at random from all eligible entries. And here are the results from last week!


Congratulations to Patricia of Color of Dreams!!! You have won a set of four Magenia Drops from Tesori Trovati and an inspiring print from Erin! Please contact Erin with your contact information so she can mail your prize.



Welcome to the Humblebeads Studio! Today I'm blogging after a long day at Bead & Button. I don't have a booth this year but I'm here promoting my book Beautiful Elements at the Vintaj & Kalmbach booths. And doing some fun shopping! 

I didn't have much of a shopping plan at the start so I visited my favorite beadmakers first - can't go wrong with that strategy! 

That included my fellow ABS editors Michelle of Firefly Designs (booth 1223) and Anne of Gardanne Beads (booth 1227). Diane Hawkey, Green Girl Stuios/Andrew Thorton and Marsha Neal were also my top priorities. 

Tomorrow I will get down to business now that I have looked around and scouted things out. There is a list!


If you are at the show stop by and say hello! You can find me here:

Booth 921 Vintaj - I'll be sharing my Willow Metal Sketch pendant from 2-3 p.m. 



Booth 401 Kalmach Books
4-5 p.m. book signing and wrapped silk bead demo. 


Along with shopping I'll be checking out the demos and make & takes on the show floor, drooling over the Bead Dream entries and looking out for new and interesting products and artists to share with you

So my question for you this week - if you could attend Bead & Button what would you be on the hunt for while shopping?

Leave a comment for a $20 credit to my Etsy shop where you can find lovely new beads like the ocean themed ones above! 


18 comments:

Terri Del Signore said...

I'm in Canada and where I am - there are no bead shows😭 - so when I hear about this bead and button show - my imagination takes me to wonderful places!! I can only dream of what a bead and button show would be like!! What would I hunt for in this wonderful - only in my dreams- bead show?- lampwork beads for sure!! I also love fibers - and deffinately some of those silk wrapped beads!!

Divya N said...

Like Terri, There are no bead shows where I live ( In India)so I can only imagine how wonderful it would be. I really want to attend beadfest in summer this year and look for new trends in beads - be it ceramic,textured metal, lampwork or fiber beads. If I get an opportunity to demo with any of these jewelry brands it might help me sort out my finances for international travel..Ah! Wishful thinking!

Rebecca said...

If only! I would love to visit BaB show SO MUCH! One day....if I were there, I would be looking out for some of the same folk as you - Green Girl Studio, ABS editors, Diane Hawkey....But I'd also be on the look out for totally new-to-me bead artists as that would be pretty exciting! Oh, and I'd have to stop by the bead dreams exhibit. I love seeing the amazing creations there!

graypeape said...

I would be looking for everything, there's no way I could focus on anything specific with all the temptations around me! I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of squee-ing & fangirl crushing going on too, getting to meet all the fabulous bead artists :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'd love to go to B&B one day. A girl can dream! I think I'd be looking out for unusual beads and components, as well as stocking up on my favourite bead artists!

baymoondesign said...

I would be shopping for gorgeous handmade focal beads by some of my favorite artists. Many of my favorite artists are right here on Art Bead Scene.

Alice said...

I am so jealous that you went to bead and button.I love all the beads you got.if I had money
I would look for pendants and beads from you and swoondimple, and more.
Your wrapped silk beads are beautiful.

Sandi Volpe said...

I would be looking for art beads and interesting products. I hope to get there one day, but lucky to go to beadfest philly! I love your metal sketch beads!

Ann Schroeder said...

My first order of business would be stuff I can't get online. That is mostly art beads. Diane Hawkey's booth is one I would head for. Last time I went to B&B it was JoAnne Zekowski. I would also look for this little nugget cut of gemstone i love. Any stone - I just love the cut!

Klassy Joolz said...

Maybe some day I can make it to the BB...??? I would be looking for all things new and unique. I would imagine I would be adding to my stash drawer with all sorts of wondrous items. As always I love your new items and your talent!

Mary @ MaryMorrisJewelry.etsy.com said...

Bead and Button is coming to my state this year. When I go, I will look for something a bit whimsical. I need a boost to my creative juices.

Unknown said...

I haven't been to a bead and button show. I defenitely would love to go to one and I would be interested in the booths that showed, How To's if I could get myself to stoop long enough to look!

Jess Green said...

Ooooh, I'm always so jealous of the fantastic bead shows on your side of the pond!

I'm big in to rustic at the moment, if I had the chance to be there I would in no doubt be hoovering up anything a bit crusty within reach :D

! said...

I live in Australia & we have a craft shows that has bead stands & I get very excited when I see it's on. (it's not very well publicised) Like other respondents I can only imagine what a bead & button show would be like..i would be on the hunt for that magical whim seed beads display & all the fabulous colours that don't show up on my monitor. I would be able to match seed beads & focal on the spot without having to buy everything just in case!

Kristina said...

I've never been to a bead show before. I would look at my inventory and see what colors I'm missing (yellow comes to mind) as well as look at what projects I want to finish and make a list.

Erin S said...

I'm always on the hunt for rough, organic stone nuggets. Can't get enough!

Talia said...

I've never been to a bead show, it sounds awesome and a bit overwhelming! I'd start by looking for some beads to go with a bracelet link I bought and haven't quite figured out what to put with it yet. Then I'd just browse and pick up whatever strikes my fancy (within budget, of course).

Sarajo Wentling said...

My head is still spinning from my trip to B&B last weekend... so much beady goodness!! I think I bought ALL THE BEADS! LOL. My focus was (and on future visits would likely continue to be) on art beads from favorite artists and new ones too. It's so much more fun to be able to see and touch everything in person. Gemstones and Czech glass beads also dazzle me but I try to stay on the lookout for the interesting and new to me cuts, styles, and products. So fun!