Monday, March 24, 2008

Bead Storage

I'm in the process of organizing and updating my studio, so storage is on my mind today. How do you store your beads? Any great tips or photos of your workspace? I'd love to see them. I need some inspiration and encouragement to know that there is hope for this train wreck of a room!

Some great tips were shared by the Beading Daily readers not too long ago.

Beverly Herman has made a call out for the Bead Whisper, it seems her beads are getting a little wild too. At one time she was organized.

Here is an article from Kathy Redding - Organize me!

Robin Atkins offers some tips for bead storage that uses zip lock bags for the most part.

Eni Oken has a stylish and practical solution for organizing her beads and keeping track of the cost of her materials.

Jill Mackay shared two creative storage systems that she went all DIY to create!

Here is a great way to store and display your art beads.

I'm sure for each beader there is a different system and method for storing the stuff of creative dreams. The trick is to find what works for you and helps you work more productively!

3 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

This is not how I store my seed beads, but it's made for storing artist-made beads and does it beautifully...

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5581858

cserpentDesigns said...

I just blogged about how I store mine. It's a pretty cheap method (only $1.99/box and I often use a 40% off coupon) and it has worked for me for the last 4 years!

http://cserpentdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-do-i-store-my-design-components.html

susan

Jennifer Perkins said...

Thanks for all the links I am never sure what way is best. I have most of my beads in containers from the hardware store and random findings in drawers.

I also love looking through the Flickr Craft Rooms pool for ideas.