Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the 7th Day of Christmas: Seven Colors

One of my favorite beads to make are my rainbow spirals. I love the contrasting colors of the rainbow and the why light shines through the transparent colored glass. I'm reminding myself to take things slow and just "be" by adding the single brass charm. Remember to take time out and just "be" during the holidays, it can be so hectic we spend all our time running around and getting things done, sometimes we need to just "be."

This ornament is very easy to create - the waxed linen doesn't need any finishing techniques - just string the materials together and you've got a colorful ornament to put on your tree!





Materials

1 Rainbow Spiral

3 brass yo-yo beads

Waxed linen cord

1 vintage brass flower finding

1 small brass charm

color mix of size 6 or 8 seed beads

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,the ornament is so colorful and pretty.It won't get lost in the tree.I could use a few of them,myself!Really beautiful.

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Thank you, Gail! I love it - it's a nice windown ornament in the summer and a lovely Xmas tree ornament too!

Happy Holidays!
Cindy