Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Take a few moments to Meditate
It's hectic this time of year and since I've had big changes occurring in my life recently, we all need to remember to slow down and take a few moments to be grateful and reflect. I slowed down the other day and created this easy necklace - Meditation - that incorporates my favorite two letter word, "be" - reminding me to just let things go and "be."
1 handmade glass link
36 inches 2.8mm gunmetal curb chain
1 gunmetal lobster clasp, 7 x 12mm
8 gunmetal jumprings, 4, 5 or 6mm
5 anodized 18 gauge colored jump rings, 7.9mm, in complementary colors
Charms - I used 1 buddha head, 1 flower, 1 "be" charm, use whatever you have left over or you can use colorful beads or crystals.
Pliers, chainnose and needlenose
Cutters, to cut the chain
1. Cut two 16 inch lengths of the curb chain.
2. Attach one jump ring to each of one end of the curb chain. You'll end up with two pieces of chain with jump rings on one end of each chain.
3. Attach lobster clasp to one of the jump rings.
4. Choose one of the colored jump rings and attach the opposite ends of the chain (the ends without the clasp and jump ring.)
5. Choose another colored jump ring and attach the glass link and chain together.
6. Cut the remaining 4 inches of chain into 3 pieces, 1 piece 2 inches long, the other two pieces, 1 inch long.
7. Attach the gunmetal jump rings to one end of each of the pieces of chain.
8. Attach charms to the gunmetal jump rings.
9. Attach colored anodized jump rings to the charms and the glass link.
Voila! You've taken a few minutes to slow down and create a lovely necklace for you or for someone special - and for $10!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This piece with head of Lord Buddha is a great gift for Buddhists followers.
Thank you, Jewelry. We all can take the lessons of Buddha to be a better whoever we are. Thanks for commenting :-)
Very cool necklace Cindy! I love it.
Beautiful necklace...would love to make one too! Where do you prefer to purchase the gunmetal chain?
Have a good day...and thanks for the reminder to slow down!
So fabulous...will put on my wish list to make. It really is an eye catcher!
I think I may have left this on the wrong site? I was referring to a beautiful moth necklace by Earthenwood.
what a great take on an updated version of the rosary/mala necklace. It exudes a modern yet tranquil vibe!
can't wait to hear about the december challenge!
Thank you, Lorelei, Cindy and Christy! :-)
Cindy - I purchased this particular chain from Rings n Things.
Post a Comment