Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the 11th day of Christmas: Fun Felted Headband

This fun headband is made from a wool sweater that was inadvertently washed and dried. So what happens to wool when this happens? It is now a felted sweater! To continue on my recycle, reuse, re-purpose bend, I decided to get creative and make something out of the sweater. I have many ideas for this felted sweater.

Supplies Needed:

Recycled wool sweater, washed and dried=felted wool

Yarn


Beads


Upholstery Needle

Thread

or other embellishments

It all starts with a wool sweater..

My husband shrank his favorite Mr. Rogers sweater.

Measure and mark on the opposite side of sweater pieces. I cut out 2 pieces 3" x 10". Depending on the size of your sweater you could cut out one long piece 3" x 20". Measure your head to get the correct measurement.

Stitch your piece or pieces together with thread along the seam.

Stitch along the the seams and edges of the head band using a blanket stitch.

Embellish!! I put a bead on top of the felt balls and added them to the headband. I pinned on the Funky Felt flower from the Second Day of Christmas. Add as many or little embellishments as you'd like.

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Now, that is cute! Thank you for sharing!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Thank You! I'm so glad you liked it!

Sue Seibert said...

Totally cool. I love it!

Merry Christmas!

Tari of ClayButtons.com said...

Thank You Sioux!
Merry Christmas to you an all the ABS readers!