Sunday, November 27, 2011

Link Library with Melanie

  A few years ago, I wrote a post for Art Bead Scene about the things I was thankful for about my craft.  This thanksgiving weekend, I wanted to reflect back upon that post. My beading has taken on a different form lately since I have been running a weekend booth at an artist market every week, so I am thankful for different things now, namely the opportunity to help others be creative with my crafty knowledge and encouragement. You can find my original thankful post in the archives here!


And now for the latest news from our beady friends:

A Bead A Day
If you have "glitter" experience, Lisa and her readers are looking for guidance when it comes to using glitter in jewelry projects.

About.com Jewelry Making
Combine those jewelry techniques - this time with wire and fused glass.

Art Bead Scene
Gaea's ceramics pair up with Vintaj Brass to create some gorgeous Victorian Christmas jewelry inspiration!

Beading Arts
Beautiful toggle clasps are meant to be seen, not hidden away!

Resin Crafts!
This week Carmi shares some useful information about resin and cold temperatures.

Snap Out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean discovered a very special pendant that expresses the way a person feels in a very special, amazing way!  

Melanie Brooks is the ceramic beadmaker behind Earthenwood Studio, who blogs from her Metro Detroit, Michigan home.

5 comments:

Liz Revit said...

It's amazing how one's craft can open up new doors. Lovely bracelet!

Marie Cramp said...

Melanie, I have not had much of a chance to see your new creations, but if the bracelet at the top is any indication, I LOVE it! I am planning some fabulous things this week with my new leaves, can't wait to use them! Thanks!

riorita said...

Gorgeous artistic bracelet!

Karl said...

Lol. So cruel! Deformed is not appropriate.

Sherri said...

What a lovely bracelet!!