This is such a cute gift idea featuring one of my new tiny charms! These would be perfect for a stocking stuffers or holiday gifts.
25mm copper disk
2 7.5mm copper jump rings
2 5mm copper jump rings
18" copper chain & clasp
Hammer, texturing plates, letter stamps, dapping block & punch, metal hole punch and chain nose pliers.
1. Stamp the words on the copper disk first.
2. Create texture by hammering the texture plate on the disk, avoiding the text. (Here is a video showing you how.)
3. Use the hole punch to create a hole at the top of the pendant.
4. Dome the disk using the dapping block and punch. (Antique the pendant with liver of sulfur for a darker finish.)
5. Attach the charm using a jump ring.
6. Attach another jump ring for the chain, slide the chain through, adding on the clasp.
Offer pendants with inspirational words or a floral background for quick and easy impulse buys at your next show. (Chain & copper disks from Ornamentea.)
I can't wait to whip up some with my tiny holiday charms with words like, "Jolly", "Peace" and "Merry". For the holiday ones I would suggest using Vintaj's gunmetal blanks and chain. They will buff with a silver finish that looks like darkened silver - lovely!
Tiny Disks can be found in my Etsy shop - use discount code HolidayPreview to save 20% off your order until Monday!