Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Skye Jewels and Vintaj

After a rough year it is so great to be back in full force! To start things off I was offered a chance to participate in the Bead Partner Program with Vintaj! What an honour! I was so thrilled that even though I was not finished with my cancer treatments, I jumped at the chance! What a great way to get back into the swing of things!
With the help of digital collage artist Ella Bouchard, we came up with a set of Exclusive images just for the weeping willow challenge! Vintaj supplied me with a colour palette that I should work with. I forwarded that to Ella and gave her ideas of what I was picturing for images. She did an amazing job and these pendants are the result!
I have a selection of 1X3, 1X2, 1X1 and 1.5inch circles and 1inch circles. You can find them all in my Supply Shop on Etsy. I love the colour theme, and I love the rustic images. I chose a variety of things to go into it since not everyone will want to play with trees.
Of course for those of you who are interested in trees, I have quite a few to choose from! I have a few different versions of the Weeping Willow and also the tree Jess Italia Lincoln used in her design featured on the Design Challenge ad.
I hope you will take a moment to participate in the challenge. I am excited to see what kind of pieces will be entered! Use your imagination and don't forget to include your favourite Art Beads with your Vintaj findings for the best results! My tiles of course go very well with the Vintaj filigree, shown in the necklace I created at the top of this post.

Thanks for visiting, I hope you leave us some of your thoughts to read :)

Marie

3 comments:

Norella Bouchard said...

I loved working with Marie on the Weeping Willow designs, she is so easy to work with. I love her work & her tiles are beyond the best around.

Erin Siegel said...

That is so wonderful, Marie! Congratulations!!!

sandi m said...

The images are all so beautiful. Congratulations.