Saturday, April 20, 2013

Studio Saturday with Creative Impressions In Clay

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.
This weeks winner is Debra DezinezCongratulations! You have won a $30 Gift Certificate to Heather's newly redesigned website. 
Send Heather an e-mail with your email address and she will get it right out to you.
This week we visit the studio of Tari Sasser at 
Creative Impressions In Clay.
Welcome to Oslo!
I went to visit my daughter and grandchildren in Oslo, Norway. This is the view from the dock at the end of her lane. She is 2 houses from the water on Bygdøy. Norway is such a beautiful country.

Not your normal thoughts of going to the beach. Usually you think of sun and sand, warmth, not cold  with snow and ice.

Had an egg hunt in the snow and ice. But it was sunny!

    
I stayed with my grandchildren so their parents could have alone time in Spain. 
We went to the Folk Museum.

 

We went to the Vigeland Sculpture Park in Frogner or the Naked People Park, is what my grandchildren call it.

Drove over the border to Sweden.

Took a Mini Cruise to Copenhagen Denmark.
View from the ship. I circled my daughters house as we are leaving Oslo.
Sun is setting on Sweden as we cruise to Denmark.


We walked up a spiral brick walk inside a church tower to get a view of Copenhagen.

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

My question today is:
Have you had a trip inspire your creativity?

Leave a comment answering the question and you could win a Lotus Button. I was making these my last Studio Saturday post. 



Feeling Sassy as usual!
Tari Sasser
Creative Impressions In Clay

9 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

Not lately, but I'm hoping a trip I'm taking next week will give me some inspiration. My hubby and I are renting a motorcycle and riding the coast highway in California for a week. Should be some great picture taking and some great inspiration.

fairiesmarket said...

Recently taking a day trip to Red River and Angel Fire, New Mexico really inspired me to put some different colors together in my designs. I love monochromatic color so mixing things up is hard for me. The beauty of nature around me always inspires me to do something. I love your share. Great looking family.

Susanm said...

on a recent trip to California, I bought some lovely lampwork beads at my favourite jewelry\bead store - TwoSisters Design in Carmel. Visiting Yosemite National Park, the Japanese Tea garden in Golden Gate Park and walking the beach in Carmel, provided lots of inspiration on what to do with these beads and other pieces.

baymoondesign said...

A recent trip to the southwest enabled me to learn more about turquoise and see some beautiful turquoise. I even purchased some sleeping beauty turquoise and learned where it was mined. Prior to the trip I never really got combining the color turquoise with red. After seeing sleeping beauty turquoise next to red coral, I fell in love with the 2 gems and color combinations. They are now favorites of mine in handmade cards and jewelry that I make.

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing bits of your Scandinavian trip...beautiful. And the "Naked People Park" was one of our favorite places in Oslo too. I'm like a heat seeking missile on trips we take...looking for bead shops, as much as my husband can tolerate at least. I often check shops out ahead of time on line. I've brought home some unique things from France, Hawaii, and recently Vancouver, BC, not just beads, but stringing materials, buttons, and ribbon. Also look for inspiration in the flora and fauna...taking lots of photos.

Linda said...

This past fall we spent a month in Oaxaca, Mexico. Oaxaca is a riot of colors, from the houses, to the flowers to the textile and art. The colors are so inspiring to me!!!
llandig at msn dot com

Karin G said...

Last summer we went to Umbria, Italy and the gorgeous yellow ochres, terra cotta browns, greens and creams, seem to keep inspiring me, especially the warm sunny yellows.
I also love the soft greens and yellows all around me as spring is finally coming to Paris.

Elaine said...

I did a bead show last month a couple thousand km away. It was neat, different scenery, people, everything.

It inspired me but not for the art so much. Came back with all sorts of good ideas for other things.

Then again, I'm not usually lacking good beady ideas. So it was nice to get a refresher on the other stuff.

Unknown said...

Hi Tari,
It looks like you had a wonderful time! thanks' again for choosing me I am so very excited!As for me when my husband and I drive up to the mountains I am always inspired and have lots of ideas when we return. I often go to the beach on our vacation and come back with many ideas for my jewelry. I am relocating to Oregon pretty soon so I know I will have plenty of inspiration there.