Saturday, December 21, 2013

Jazzed up Joy Juice - Tutorial

Are you planning on bringing a little bottle of bubbly or your favorite Pinot Grigio to a holiday party? While that is a perfectly acceptable hostess gift, you know that everyone will be doing the same. Make your bottle stand out with a little sparkle and charm and a gift that will last longer than the wine! This quick and easy wrap works as a pretty package detail and also a bracelet (or even a lariat necklace!) the hostess can wear to remember the fun of the event! I whipped this up in less time than it took me to photograph and write this blog post, and I bet you have the materials just scattered on your bead table like I did!

 Gather your supplies... smooth as buttah chocolate deerskin lace (~32"), two foldover crimps, several crystal briolettes and wire, and an artisan created charm (this porcelain snowflake from Lisa Boucher of ClayworksNH. Miss Lisa is having a 40% off sale on her holiday items, including these sweet little charms! Rush over there and check them out!)

 Thread the lace through the charm and secure with the foldover crimp. Leave about 1/2" of a loop above the charm and point the loop on the crimp toward the charm.

 Wrap up a bunch of sparkly briolettes or crystals. (I think I am loving my brand new macro lens. What do you think?)

 Attach the crystals to the crimp loop with a jump ring.

 Measure the other side of the lace in a loop to be sure that it will fit snugly over the widest part of the charm. Don't do like I did and eyeball it! My first attempt was too tight and it was a b*tch to get that crimp un-crimped! (Oy! Excuse the ratty nails!)

 Attach a few more wrapped briolettes to the other side of the leather.

 Wrap around your favorite joy juice for some extra holiday cheer! 

How cute is that?

You are sure to be invited back now! ;-)

Merry Christmas to one and all!

P.S. I will be sharing a matching pair of earrings to this wrap bracelet in Tuesday's Earrings Everyday post. Please come back and check it out!


9 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

The perfect addition to our homemade wine! Thanks, Erin... hope your Holidays are filled with many Blessings!

Unknown said...

I just realized you were running this contest.😒 I looked thru & saw all kinds of goodies that I would have loved to have tried for. I would love to have had the one for today for a party that I am going to. I hope I have registered correctly. I am not sure if I entered at the right place. Merry Christmas all!! I have enjoyed looking at all the prizes & will perhaps go back & try to make. It would have been nice to have won though!!!!🎄

baymoondesign said...

Loved the tutorial. I learned about fold over crimps!

Erin S said...

I am totally loving the simplicity of this. It's so easy to get caught up in designs that overly complicated.

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Very thoughtful idea - I will have to think of it next time I go to a holiday party :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Erin S that simplicity is wonderful.
Kiss, Keep it Simply Sweet!

Charis Designs said...

What a great idea to dress up so many things- including your wrist! Christie

Gaea said...

Super cute! Great idea!

Shai Williams said...

Oh I just love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial.