Welcome to the 4th annual Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop! This is one of my favorite events we do every year here on the ABS. I love seeing ornaments that will one day be family heirlooms or great gift ideas.
Today I'm sharing two ornament ideas, both are super easy that you can whip up in minutes - which comes in handy when December is whipping by at break-neck speed.
Ribbon Wreath Ornament
Winter Owl Pendant - Humblebeads
Vintaj Brass Artisan Hoop
12" sari silk ribbon
20" 24 gauge wire
6" 20 gauge wire
10mm brass jump ring
4mm brass jump ring
24 red seed beads
1. Trim the sari ribbon into a point, starting at the top leave a 1" tail of ribbon and wrap it around and down along the brass hoop four times. Thread the ribbon in and out of the filigree to create 'stitches' along the hoop. Wrap the ribbon back up the other side four times and tie in a bow. Trim excess ribbon if needed.
2. String 8" of 24 gauge wire through the owl pendant, create a wrapped loop and wrap around the loop several times to form a messy wrap. Wrap the end of the wire several times around the hoop and back down around the messy wrap above the owl. End the wire behind the ornament and trim.
3. Attach the 10mm jump ring to the hoop with a 4mm jump ring.
4. Create a wrapped loop with 6" of 20 gauge wire, form the wire into a large spiral. Hammer with a ball peen hammer on a steel bench block. (optional)
5. With 12" of 24 gauge wire, begin wrapping the wire several times around the hook. Thread on a seed bead, letting it fall to the front of the hook, wrap the wire around the hook twice and repeat the this process until the end of the hook. Wrap the several times around the end of the hook to secure the wire.
Beaded Ornament Hoops
Here is another quick and easy idea using one of my Woodland Friends Ornaments.
Cut 12" of 24 gauge wire, string through the pendant and center the wire, create a wrapped loop. String 2" of seed beads on both sides of the wire. Wrap the wires around each other to from a large loop.
I like a project that takes a minute or two!
Deck the halls with lots of beads!
Fa la la, la la la!
Have fun clicking around the interwebs this morning checking out all the links below!
For participants: please enter your link below, spreading the word and visit your fellow blog hop holiday elves!