Monday, July 14, 2014

Amuse Your Muse with Claire of Something to do with your hands

I'm filling in for Rebecca today while she deals with some poorly family members. I'm sure you'll join me in sending the best of wishes to them and hoping that all will be well very soon. I love Rebecca's Monday posts and it's nice to have the opportunity to stand in this once.  And I'm delighted that the theme this month is ceramic beads because I've just started making my own and I'm loving it!  Also, some of my very favourite art beads are ceramic.  For this post, I did plan only to share beads that are 'new' to me, made by artists from whom I've never bought.  Then I realised that I may be some time trying to track down enough for a good sized post.  Perhaps that's because I've bought from quite a lot of bead makers!  So, I'm going to go with a bit of both - some new, and some old favourites!

First up, Balela Ceramics. I've been eyeing up their beautiful crisp white, delicately decorated porcelain beads for an age. I really must order some soon.


These discs from Pajego Art House are also very crisp, delicately coloured and beautiful.



And wouldn't these Classic Bead discs go fabulously with them both? 


I've had some of Marsha Neal's ridged bead pairs in my cart for an age. Now I'm sharing them here it will be my own stupid fault if someone else buys them and I miss out!


It's also far too long since I ordered from Chelle V2.


I am liking this colour scheme that's building up - unintentionally! I wonder if our Mary Harding (co-editor here at ABS) has anything that fits?


Indeed she does - this wonderful, softly shaded leaf pendant.  Now to see if I can finish off with a few more of my favourites.  Most don't need an introduction!








I hope you've enjoyed this ceramic bead tour.  I've certainly enjoyed compiling it!  I'll be back tomorrow for Tutorial Tuesday.

Bye for now,
Claire


***Rebecca, popping by with the Beadblogger Links! Thanks so much to Claire for stepping in for me at the last minute. Family members healing up at various rates!***

Resin Crafts Blog
Wonder how to contain resin in an open back pendant? The how-to on the Resin Crafts blog should help!


Creative collaboration helps raise awareness and funds for a worthy cause.
Andrew participated in the Beads of Courage Design Challenge. Check out pictures from the Bead&Button Show and see images of his finished piece.


How to Make a Page Map Card Unique to You 
Page maps, layouts, or sketches - whatever you call them - are a great way to: 1. Learn basic design principles; 2. Come up with a quick design on the spur of the moment; and 3. Observe how other artists interpret the sketch - honestly, no two are ever alike.

Art Bead Scene
Check out Kylie Parry's beautiful post on summer inspiration!


Beading Arts
Note every project can be a smashing success...come see why!


Mixed Media Artist
Are you interested in wearable art? Cyndi has gathered a number of her tutorials that will move you beyond just jewelry!


Crafting Discount Alert!
Get 25% off a cool Hobby Holster with this discount code good until the end of the month

4 comments:

Mary Harding said...

Wonderful selection of ceramic beads Claire. Thanks so much for including my leaf pendant. I was glad to see the beads from Berlin. Especially since I lived there for 3 year some long time ago. And Germany's soccer win yesterday. And most importantly, they are really cool beads.

Ann Schroeder said...

Thank you for a very lovely collection to ponder! Good thoughts to Rebecca and her family.

Angela Smith said...

Lovely beads - I don't often work with ceramic beads, but these have not just inspired me to look out for ceramic beads to buy, but now I am wanting to learn how to make them!!!

Tracee Dock - The Classic Bead said...

Bless your heart for sharing one of my donut style pendants! You should fill in more often.... it was a delightful post!

Cheers!
The Classic Bead