Friday, March 14, 2008

Inspiration - Herringbone Necklace

If I had a few free hours this weekend, which unfortunately I don't, I'd spend them making a herringbone necklace with some art bead disks as accents.
Here is a free pattern for tubular herringbone from beadwork.about.com.

Here is one possible way to mix herringbone with art beads. The herringbone were made as components and strung on beading wire.

Juju Vail mixed art beads with a little beaded embellishment on a herringbone lariat.
The great thing about herringbone is how it changes by mixing it up with different size and colors of seed beads and crystals.
Have you created anything with the herringbone stitch and art beads? I'd love to see it. Leave a link in the comments.
Stop by tomorrow for Studio Saturday, a behind the scenes look into our studios and creative process.

1 comment:

Bead-Mused said...

Happy Friday Heather!
I've provided three samples of my work with herringbone and art beads on my blog, Bead-Mused. Go to http://www.bead-mused.blogspot.com
See you soon!
Theresa