Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fit to Print - Creative Jewelry

Let's file this one under "Not what I was expecting!" I had seen that a few of my bead buddies online mentioned they were in this magazine. But to tell you the truth, I thought it was for basic beginners and didn't give it a second look. Boy am I glad I picked it up at my last visit to the book store. This is like a super-charged edition of Stringing, with very creative and trendy designs that can be put together quickly. I like quick!

Here are the details from the magazine:

Over 135 projects to make and wear!

The GIANT 2009 edition of Creative Jewelry has more inspiration; more projects; more creative ideas than ever before!Inside you'll find 75+ necklaces PLUS 60+ bracelets and earrings!

PLUS, plenty of great articles that will keep you in-the-know.

Sell Your Work: Do you Etsy? Learn about the hottest craze for artisans. Buy, sell, shop, discover, get inspired, expand your resources, and more!

Design on a Dime! 12 Tips to Stretch Your Budget!

Studio & Storage: Sneak a peak inside artists' studios and dream on! PLUS creative ideas for storing and managing all of those beads!

You can see a sampling of the projects here. I highly recommend picking up Creative Jewelry for instant boost of inspiration.

4 comments:

Alice said...

This is a great book with inspiring projects, resources and yummy eye candy. You won't be disappointed!

Alice

Cindy Caraway said...

I, like you, have overlooked this magazine because I thought it might be aimed at beginners. Your review has encouraged me to give it a look!

TesoriTrovati said...

I did pick it up at the recommendation of some beady friends and it is a great addition to my library...like a souped up Stringing! I find it really cool to find project from people I admire and have gotten to know through their blogs and websites.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

rosebud101 said...

I've looked at the magazine, and it looks great!