Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Beads of Oz

Part of my job (I think!) here on Art Bead Scene, is to seek out folk all over the world who create art beads. It's great to make local connections, but it's also exciting to think that way on the other side of the world, bead artists are busy in their studios, creating gorgeous pieces of art for you and I to transform into jewellery. So in my international outing today, I decided to go about as far away as you can from me, here in the UK, and seek out bead artists from Australia. Specifically lampwork artists. Look at the glorious colours that abound below! Remember that the Southern Hemisphere is in spring mode, moving towards summer, rather than heading through autumn to winter as many of us are.

I really struggled to find artists who weren't working in the medium of glass - are you over there in Oz, ceramic artists, polymer artists, metal artists? I would love to know more of the beady spoils that your beautiful country produces! Leave a comment here if you have a new artist to share with us here on Art Bead Scene. 

Artist-made lampwork beads from Australia


SUMMER MEADOWS - Green and G...
$38.00

Handmade lampwork beads - ...
$30.00

Handmade Lampwork Glass Bead...
$25.00

Handmade lampwork bead set ...
$40.00

Tube Bead - Red and Silvered...
$11.00

Glass Bead Lampwork Focal Be...
$25.00

Sweet Little Rounds Handmade...
$25.50

4 x bulk lot orphan focal be...
$15.00

Handmade lampwork glass Bell...
$15.00

HANDMADE Lampwork Glass Foca...
$19.00

Snake Charmer Key Lampwork B...
$20.00

Glass Bead Lampwork Focal Be...
$25.00

Blue Polar Cap Handmade Lamp...
$36.00

Glass Lampwork Beads, Mosaic...
$21.50

Two focal handmade glass foc...
$25.00

Crinkly Pressed Galaxy Lampw...
$6.00

5 comments:

Jocale Design said...

Thank you so much for featuring some of my work. There are many very talented bead artists out here. I'm originally from the UK, so althogh focussed on Spring downunder, like you I recognise that those 'back home' have put their flip flops away a long time ago!
As already mentioned Liz de Luca is a very talented lampworker - well worth checking out.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for featuring my bead in your antipodean treasury. There are some fabulous glass bead artists here in Australia! It is good to see some of them all together.

Anonymous said...

thanks for featuring my beads. we have some wonderful artists down under, its nice to be included in such a talented group

Unknown said...

Thank you for featuring the lampwork of us Aussies :-)
also check out Regis Teixera's beautiful beads from Magma Beads (they sell on Ebay and have a website)

FireSong Creations said...

Thank you for including my bead in your blog post, as someone else said there are a lot of talented artists down here in Australia, so I feel very honoured that you've included my work.