Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ornament Blog Hop Call


Jingle, jingle, merry and bright! Join in the 3nd annual Art Bead Scene Ornament Blog Hop.  I wanted to give you plenty of time to plan for this year's hop.  We have had such a great time with our past two events, I can't wait to see what you come up with this year.
How to play along:

1. Sign up - email to let me know you are planning to participate. Please use the subject line: ABS Ornament Blog Hop

2. Create an ornament using handmade components or art beads. Here is an example: Little Church in the Woods.  (Click the link to see the first hop)

3. On December 1st post a sneak peek on your blog and send me the link. On December 2nd I'll send you the links of the participating blogs. (You'll replace your sneak peak with the ornament post so that we can have a list of direct links.)

4. December 4th post your ornament on your blog and the list of participating blog links.

This is an inclusive creative challenge - we'd love to see Hanukkah , Kwanzaa or Winter Solstice themed decorations along with traditional Christmas ornaments. Have fun!


Pictured above are some art beads to help inspire you.


From left to right:

1. Sue Beads     2. Classic Bead


Have questions? Feel free to leave them in the comment section.


Q. What's a sneak peek?
A. You'll post a small preview of your ornament on the 1st and replace it with the full size picture and text on the 4th. So that we have a direct link to use for the hop rather than general blog url. Readers won't have to search for your blog hop posts, the links will go directly to them. Detailed instructions will be emailed to participants.

2 comments:

Islandgirl said...

I've participated in this the other two years... Guess I need to see what I can come up with this year! What tree doesn't need more ornaments!

A Hovel to Home said...

I've sent you an email as I would love to join in.

My blog is:

http://www.toodlesandbinks.blogspot.com

Kay