Monday, May 27, 2013

Featured Designer of the Week - Ann Schroeder

Each week the Art Bead Scene features a Designer of the Week.
One of our editors picks her favorite from the Monthly Challenge entries

This week's winner is Ann Schroeder. You can see her necklace here.

 
Here is what ABS editor Erin Siegel had to say about Ann Schroeder's design:

"When I looked at the pool of designs for this month, Ann's necklace pulled me in right away. A chic, stylish piece anyone would love to wear. When I took a closer look, I was drawn in even further. The hip floral pendant and mix of colors, materials and textures appealed to me. I adore each element chosen. It all flows together so nicely. I love the simple, modern composition of her design. It really allows each of the art beads to stand out and shine. Ann managed to incorporate several different artists beads and components in her necklace while achieving a cohesive, balanced, haromious design. That can be difficult to do! Ann makes it look effortless here. Wonderful. I love it."


Erin Siegel is a jewelry designer, beading instructor and co-author of the jewelry book, Bohemian-Inspired Jewelry: 50 Designs Using Leather, Ribbon and Cords. To find out more, visit her blog: Erin Siegel Jewelry

3 comments:

Ann Schroeder said...

What a thrill to be featured. Thank you so much for your kind words!

Francesca DeCaire said...

I really do love this one two. That little red flower becomes so focal.

Cindy said...

What a gorgeous necklace! I love that pendant - looks like Jade Scott? And the placement of the red flower on one side is the perfect touch!