Sunday, October 18, 2015

Feather Pendants: Inspired by the Monthly Challenge

I decided to jump in and take the challenge this month along with our talented readers. I was month's inspiration was immediately drawn to amazing wings and went right to that source for my creations.


I loved the look of the layers of feathers on the wings and wanted to recreate that with layers of feathers on my pendants. I created polymer clay feathers and paired them up with textured copper feathers that I created. I did two color combinations. The first were several variations of teal, navy, white and copper. 

The second combination was less inspired by the painting with orange, copper, purple, navy and cream.
This one is my favorite. I love the look of layering my polymer clay pieces with copper.

I could see these on a simple chain, linked with copper wire and beads or knotted with leather and bohemian Czech glass and wood. 

The challenge details are here

You can find the feathers in my Etsy shop here

Can't wait to see what you guys create for the challenge! 

2 comments:

baymoondesign said...

I love the layering of the polymer clay leaves onto the copper. Perfect components for this!

Unknown said...

The polymer feathers are just beautiful - what fantastic color combos!